Sunday, September 17, 2017

BITTERSWEET: A SPIRITUAL PERSPECTIVE ON SPECIAL NEEDS PARENTING (From: Muslim Matters)


BITTERSWEET: A SPIRITUAL PERSPECTIVE ON SPECIAL NEEDS PARENTING


"I didn’t do a very good job at first, I would yell at him to lay down, and he would become scared and cry. So I would yell more, and he would scream, and I would yell more, and it would escalate until he would be shaking with fear and I with rage and at some point it occurred to me that my own son was genuinely terrified and couldn’t understand why he was being yelled out. And then, Allah gave me sabr, and then a diagnosis, and then the understanding that Khalid wasn’t disobeying, he just had no idea what was going on."

https://muslimmatters.org/2010/07/21/bittersweet-a-spiritual-perspective-on-special-needs-parenting/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Assalamu Alaikum,
We welcome your comments, suggestions, and questions. Jazakalakhair for visiting us.

Grandma Jeddah

Parenting and Discipline e-Books

You can enjoy reading your parenting e-books by   making payment to Al-Madinah School. Please go to their Home page and click on the donatio...